Succession Planning to Maximize the Value of Your Business
At some point every owner leaves his or her business. At that time, the owner wants to realize the maximum amount of value in order to accomplish their personal, financial and estate planning goals. At Virtus Group, we work with you at this critical stage in your business life bringing clarity, priority and documented control to the process. As business owners we understand your challenges and work with you to provide a comprehensive approach to a business transition.
Most businesses do not have a formal succession plan. Virtus Group can help develop a succession plan that enhances the value of your business, strategically implement change and protect the value that you and your family have worked so hard to create. When succession planning is started early, you can take an objective look at the needs of your business in the future and thereby protect the value of your investment.
At Virtus Group, we utilize a planning process customized for each of our clients. Our process is proven to ensure that business owners take all the necessary steps to execute a successful exit or transition. We recognize the importance of developing a written transition plan, creating a timeline, maximizing value, overseeing execution, ensuring advisor accountability and have the professionals to implement this process. Our team keeps plans and client advisors on track, progressing to a successful conclusion. Our experienced team delivers a strategy to optimize your business and personal financial goals.
Virtus Group has the fundamental elements required for owners to have a successful exit plan. We have experienced exit planning leaders, qualified business valuators, a team of tax specialists, extensive merger and acquisition experience, committed resources and a step by step documented process. Virtus Group has worked with owners of privately held businesses to:
- Address planning issues that are unique to you: investment, retirement, estate, exit and succession
- Facilitate transitions from owners to employees; family businesses to family members
- Create structures for succession, including tax implications
- Develop strategic acquisitions for growth and diversification
- Define management roles and responsibilities
- Build compensation strategies
- Organize restructuring and refinancing
- Valuate the business to negotiate a purchase
- Negotiate the sale of businesses
- Search for buyers and negotiate the structure
- Maximize the selling price and optimize tax implications
- Communicate to customers, suppliers and employees