Virtus Group is the largest Saskatchewan-owned Chartered Professional Accounting and Business Advisory firm in Saskatchewan. We have offices in Saskatoon, Regina, and Estevan. We are looking for an Audit Manager to join our Regina office.
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- oversee and manage audit engagements for clients in the not for profit and profit sectors;
- counsel, train and mentor audit staff and CPA students;
- impact many people, while working alongside those you respect and care for;
- advance your professional career?
- Apply accounting principles and auditing procedures to ensure client records are properly prepared.
- Identify issues & potential solutions. Make recommendations for solutions.
- Research and interpret accounting/auditing standards.
- Develop knowledge of client, clients’ businesses and the overall business environment.
- Develop positive relationships with client staff and management.
- Identify and make suggestions to improve clients’ business success.
- Arrange client meetings and schedule on-site work.
- Develop positive constructive relationships with staff, peers and managers.
- As appropriate, prepare status reports, monitor progress and identify potential problems.
- Lead post-engagement discussions and prepares points for future work.
- Function as an ambassador for the Firm.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 3-5 years experience as a CPA
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Cooperative team player with a positive can-do approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage competing demands and a diverse workload
We offer competitive compensation, support for ongoing professional development and a strong corporate culture.
If becoming a vital part of the Virtus Group team interests you, please reply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected], referencing VG104.