Strategic Tax Planning to Support Financial Goals
Our in-depth Tax Specialists provide strategic tax planning and structure advice to support the specific financial goals of each individual, client, and business. We keep you informed about the latest tax rules and review the implications and changes required to meet your individual needs. We provide practical tax advice that adds value today, considers your long term future and maximizes your returns. Our Tax Team optimizes the financial well-being of our clients by providing timely, practical solutions and strategic business advice.
Knowing our client’s financial objectives and specific tax objectives provides the foundation for any tax strategy we create. We feel tax services should go well beyond compliance. Tax implications should not be afterthoughts but instead should be an integral part of decision-making and be dealt with at the earliest stage of any financial planning. Thriving professional practices and businesses need to employ tax strategies that fully support each individual owner’s unique business and personal objectives. Our goal is to minimize your tax liability and provide a practical tax structure that makes sense to you.
Whether your goal is to minimize tax payments today, adequately plan for the future, or create an effective tax transition from one generation to the next; we provide practical tax structures that add value today and ensure your long term objectives have been taken into consideration.
Our Tax Team utilize the following fundamentals to maximize our client’s unique financial position, as they:
- Identify the most suitable Business Structure.
- Structure any Foreign Investments.
- Provide Trust and Estate Planning (including will planning; structuring estate freezes; post-mortem plans; reviewing potential use of trusts for income splitting, charitable giving, asset protection planning and intergenerational transfer of wealth).
- Address Personal Tax Situations (including income tax planning; financial and retirement planning; family tax planning; consideration to income splitting opportunities; CRA audit support and international tax).
- Evaluate Corporate Tax Situations (including income tax planning and structuring; analysis of combined effect of personal & corporate taxes; tax implications of proposed transactions and new investments; mergers & acquisitions—structuring and post reorganization; provincial tax planning; asset protection planning; CRA audit support; GST/ PST support and international tax).
As a member of Allinial Global, we are connected with accounting and business advisory firms in every major market in North America. This affiliation gives our clients access to expert advice about taxes, regulations and finace throughout global markets. Internationally connected, local knowledge. The best of both worlds. The chairperson of Virtus Group's Internal Tax Committee, Partner Laurie Hudema, is also co-chair of the Canadian Tax Services Group for Allinial Global.
To continue to meet our clients' growing needs, we have further expanded our Tax Group to include a seasoned Trust and Estate Specialist with over 33 years of experience. Our additional trust and estate resource will be a great asset to the firm in dealing with client estate issues, tax planning arrangements and in handling CRA problem resolutions. With one of the fastest growing Tax Practices in the province and leading Tax, Trust and Estate expertise, we have the resources to help you continue to thrive now and well into the future.
Current Tax Resources
Rapidly changing regulations make it important to stay current. The links below are provided for your knowledge. Any questions, please contact one of our Tax Professionals listed on the right.