Our professional team will partner with you to clarify your board’s purpose. We will work with you to develop strategies for engagement and board interaction, risk mitigation and financial oversight. We help you align your governance model to meet your organization’s strategic goals. We facilitate discussions with your board to help clarify their roles and establish priorities.
- What is the role of the Board vs Management?
- What should a director know before signing on?
- How do you assess the performance of the Board and Management?
- Does your organization have a strategic plan and know the risks associated with it?
- Do you understand your financial statements?
Virtus Group uses a fresh perspective to provide advice to enhance your governance model. Governance can be an important tool for boards to enhance their oversight capabilities, while enabling management to implement initiatives. An effective governance model organizes operational, financial, risk management and reporting processes, to ensure the board and management are effective in their roles. Our processes help you capitalize on opportunities to fulfill your organization’s mission, while managing your downside risk.
Our Team Approach
Virtus Group has a large team of credentialed professionals covering a wide range of business skills; supported by years of experience in delivering practical, strategic advice to Boards and Senior Management Teams. Virtus Group can assess your current processes and provide specific advice to enhance the quality of your governance and risk management strategies.
Our Training Opportunities
At Virtus Group, we customize a program based on your organization's unique needs. Our Training assistance can provide guidance in the following areas:
Governance & Oversight
- Defining roles of the Board and Management
- Board structure, composition and committees
- Board training and education
- Board recruitment, development and assessment
- Board policy manuals
- Board orientation and evaluation
- Strategic planning and benchmarking
- Effective board reporting
- Management performance evaluation
- Succession planning
- HR strategy and policies
Financial Statement Review
- Financial reporting standards
- Participate in a case study of financial statement review
- Understanding your financial statements
- Organization risk assessment matrix
- Development of a tailored action plan
- Enterprise risk management (ERM) program
For more on Virtus Group's Board Governance Training contact us.
We can help you with Board Governance Training or any other accounting or business needs you may have. Contact us and we'll be in touch soon.